Sunday, March 29, 2015

Winter of Wearable Shirt: #4.5


Whoops, this one snuck its way in. The Fabric Store had their end-of-season sale and I went back to buy as much of that specific merino in as many colors (except pink) as I could find. I found red and navy, but they were already out of the olive which shot all to hell my planned all olive green merino wool wardrobe. The red is gorgeous though, it has black threads knitted through it which gives so much dimension to the red, which unfortunately doesn't come out in pictures, but trust me, its fabric-mindblowing. I'm such a Fabric Store fangurl.


According to how the last Coppelia fits, I made some changes. I extended the hem by 1.5", shortered the sleeves by 2", reduced the underarm lengths by 3/4", and finally reduced the width of the back bodice by 1/2" blending to nothing at the neck. I also didn't include the hole in the side seam the wrap tie gets threaded through.


Using predominantly the serger to make this top, I can finish this sucker in one day. Boom.


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely top! the fabric looks to be beautiful quality :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is the best fabric, I saved the tiniest scraps because I couldn't bear to toss them.

      Delete