Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Victory Patterns!!

I love Victory patterns, but I yet don't have an Victory patterns. Its a horrible injustice to my pattern repertoire and one that needs to be fixed very very soon. Now there are even more Victory patterns! Oh my little heart can barely handle it!

Let's begin!

Roxanne

Roxanne
The love I have for this collar could launch a million ships. This is the Helen of Collars for me. The back is pleated so it makes for a loose, breezy shirt very similar to one of my favorite shirts so I know the silhouette works with me. I've never been a fan of tunics, but that length can be easily remedied. Roxanne includes different sleeves and a different collar. I'm going to have 50 of these within 5 years. Mark my words.

Simone

Simone
This is a really versatile pattern. I could make a million of these and still keep it different. I think racerbacks are super flattering and love how this goes from a tight racerback to a looser bottom silhouette. In the dress form, this is damn near a perfect dress, fancy it up or go casual, wow! I'm not sure about the neckslit tab, but it doesn't seem necessary to the neckline. Victory!

Nicola

Nicola
 Nicola is a gorgeously simple dress. The curve and wrap of the skirt with the wrap of the bodice is perfection. The sleeves are very nice, but for me, I'd go sleeveless. Sweet, sad story about the name.

Satsuki

Satsuki
Satsuki is a lovely pattern, not for me, but an absolutely lovely pattern.

I cannot wait to order my first Victories and totally enjoy my new Victories!

3 comments:

  1. My first attempt at a clothes pattern is a Victory pattern - chloe. I love the shape but to be honest I have found the sizing a bit mental...from my measurements on the pattern I should have gone for a size 16, made my muslin twice now and think the size 10 is the next step - it is massive!! not sure if this is the case for all patterns though as this is my first. I will say though that the instructions are amazing, I have had no problem following for my first clothes attempt and think once I get the muslin and sizing right I will be able to knock out a dress in a couple of hours max, it is super simple to put together, need to just get it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should blog about it, there aren't nearly enough reviews on Victory patterns yet. Did you decide the size off of your body measurements or the finished garment measurements? I almost always use finished garment measurements depending on the style.

      Delete
    2. I will get a blog up eventually but I am in the process of moving house so everything is so messy at the minute!
      I looked at both measurements and my bust measures 43 so I did go towards the 16 to be safe....but I have taken it down to a 12 and then taken it in by 1/4 inch on each seam rather than start again on a new muslin. The darts on the bust seemed in a good position on the 12 for me. I then had to take quite a bit off of the waist and hips...been a bit tricky as my first attempt but to be honest I am not sure if its all patterns that the sizing isn't great or what! When I did my sewing class the teacher said to always go a size up if unsure...aw well practise makes perfect, from all these muslins I am pretty confident I can now throw together a chloe dress in a couple of hours so nothing lost!

      Delete