Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Next sewing project and an update

First, the update.

I cut out all the pieces for Vogue 8771 with my amazing yarn-felted wool from gorgeousfabrics only to realize there are tiny holes ALL OVER THE FABRIC. So very so so very so depressed now. Trying to figure out how to fix this because I don't have enough fabric to recut on non-holey fabric pieces. Worried that the black version has holes in it too now, but I've been too scared to look.

Double sided fusible interfacing with scraps to secure the holes? I don't know. Totally sad.

Instead I started cutting out the muslin for Hot Patterns Denim Diva Biker Babe Jacket (long title).


I've sewn a couple Hot Patters before and find the sizing is woefully awful and consistently (laughably) larger than expected. I have a gorgeous black baby camel hair (since sold out from gorgeousfabrics) and a lovely medallion print black lining (still available) that I will not be cutting into until positive about the outcome of this jacket. The pattern is not lined, but I'm mildly obsessed with lining so it will happen. Also not including the pockets, never been a fan of boob pockets. Not including the belt either, I can't really see myself buckling and unbuckling a belt everytime I took a jacket on and off, buttons and zippers are work enough.

I've been looking forward to this piece for a LONG time. I bought the fabric about 2 years ago and had a lot of other stuff to do in that time. I've been calling this jacket, 'the jacket that will make everything better.'

No comments:

Post a Comment